LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!
Burl-Escapades is joining Annie Cooper Photography and Cooper & Dubya Productions in this fantastic event to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of AZ.In addition to performing at this fabulous event, we are particularly excited about the honor of escorting the King of Mardi Gras in the parade! Spectacular evenings are rare! Be ready for this one!
There will be:
• Concert from Free Ride and a Mason Jar, a Baton Rouge born Rockabilly band
• Street performers Strange Family Circus, The Creative JuJu Tribe, and Purrgatori of Mourning Fyre will regale revelers with fire eating, stilt walking, dancing and spinning with fire, juggling, daring escapes and sword swallowing … and whatever else their hearts desire
• Amazing burlesque performances from Burl-Escapades and Provocatease
• The magic of Jacob Spinney, Magician Extraordinaire
• Live painting by fantastic artist Shayne Bohner throughout the evening
• Demystify your future with readings from fortune tellers, tarot card readers and psychics, maybe even have your toes read
• Gamble the night away in our Big Easy Casino
• Get swept up in the excitement of our Charity Silent Auction featuring once in a lifetime trips and experiences
• Photos taken throughout the evening by Annie Cooper Photography (be sure to get in her camera’s eye for some fantastic photos of yourselves at this fabulous event)Join the Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona’s board of directors in crowning Larry Volkmar, CEO of Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center as our King of Mardi Gras, at the Foundation’s annual Mardi Gras fundraiser, Saturday, February 18, 2012.
Doors at The Venue Scottsdale open at 6:00 p.m. for the coronation of Volkmar and his court. The annual Mardi Gras Gala mirrors the festivities of a traditional Fat Tuesday celebration in the Big Easy, including street performers, fortune tellers, burlesque shows, casino gaming, silent auction, Cajun cuisine, and concerts.
Visit the Mardi Gras Costume Shop and tell them you are attending the Mardi Gras Gala and they will donate 10% of your costume rental to the Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona. (Thanks Oscar!)
Mardi Gras Costume Shop
Event attire is black-tie or Mardi Gras costume and many revelers come dressed to impress in masques and gowns fit for a Carnival Ball. Ticket and tables are on sale beginning at $200 per person.
Mardi Gras Gala is a 21 and over event.
Contact Director of Marketing and Development, Heather King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-406-3581 for more information.
— with Sahar Afi Mitchell, Shayne Bohner, Crystal Cruz, Mardi Gras Costume Shop, Kara La Fleur, Pixie Styx, Gypsy Rouge, Ivy Arianrhod Boas, Justin Strickland, Mia PiaCherrie, DrRev Stephen Strange, Mercy Beaucoup, Jacob Spinney, Ava Luna and Corinne Vivers.
… and you?